Field Studies Council, Millport, Marine Commerce Graduate deadline 29th April
Based on the Isle of Cumbrae off the Ayrshire coast, FSC Millport is an environmental education charity providing opportunities for marine research and study.
There is now an exciting opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to research and promote the use of their marine research vessel, and to develop and market a new exhibition space as a new visitor attraction.
The graduate will aim to maximise the use of the marine research vessel, whilst developing and marketing a new exhibition/observation space to increase opportunities and attract visitors to the centre.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Create a marketing strategy along with a social media plan.
- Review and implement digital opportunities for both the research vessel and exhibition space.
- Research and identify key user groups for the marine research vessel.
- Redevelop the currently disused building and grounds into a new exhibition space.
- Collaborate with local partners (e.g. Clyde Porpoise group) to agree the best use of exhibition/observation space.
- Develop a plan for the exhibition space and co-ordinate the launch of the first event.
- Target potential new domestic and international customers.
- Generate and secure new bookings.
- Review the effectiveness of the exhibition facility and implement any changes required.
- Explore opportunities for greater research opportunities and publishing of papers, with regards to data recording and collection.
- Commitment to project completion.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Alex MacFie on 01475531420.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree, preferably related to Environmental Science, Business, Economics, Marketing, Commerce.
Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of marketing and its principles.
- Pro-active with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of the wider team.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Flexible and able to multitask.
- Commitment to project completion
- Commitment to sustainability
- Knowledge/experience in sales.
- Experience of using creative online design tools.
- Experience working in a marine-based environment.
The graduate will have access the FSC induction programme and all training associated with new starters at FSC. The graduate will also have free access to professional development courses.
For more information go to the Scotgrad website>>